Detoxes and cleanses are big buzz words in health and wellness but what many people don’t know is there are gentle, easy and sustainable ways you can daily detox!
Many ancient herbs are being used in modern ways for modern lifestyles. Now more than ever, it is easy, convenient and delicious to get the benefits of detoxifying superfoods.
What is the Best Way to Support Modern Detoxification Needs?
Daily attacks on your physical health mean you need to be mindful of supporting your health every day. This requires being able to implement simple practices that are:
- Proven safe
All facets of your health are taxed daily by our agricultural, industrial, environmental and even lifestyle practices. They are also challenged by stress (physical and mental), nutrition habits, genetic factors and physical ailments. All of these circumstances make it more difficult to optimize your body’s natural detoxification processes.
Herbs have been used throughout human history to support more vibrant health. This includes encouraging gentle detoxification.
Modern science has confirmed many herbs are safe for regular and daily use. These herbs are referred to as “tonic herbs” in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). They integrate easily with nourishing, daily nutrition. You don’t have to feel deprived to get these benefits from daily detox:
- Effective elimination of toxins and waste
- Increased energy
- Improved digestion
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Balanced hormone health and metabolism
These are the Top Superfoods for Daily Detox by New Earth Organics…
Liver Life 5 Mushroom Blend
Liver Life 5 Mushroom Blend is a great tool for daily detox because it is a synergistic blend for vitality and purification. It is rich in minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and polysaccharides.
These mushrooms have been dried and powdered in this blend so they are simple to use in smoothies, elixirs, soups, stews and sauces:
- Turkey Tail
All 5 of these mushrooms support detoxification gently and are highly revered for their potency and strengths as longevity herbs.
How do the medicinal mushrooms in Liver Life 5 Mushroom Blend enhance detoxification processes and decrease symptoms of toxicity?
- Used for some types of jaundice in TCM
- Preventative for liver cancer
- Reduces chronic inflammation – inflammation inhibits important liver enzymes that detoxify harmful compounds.
- Modulates the immune system – when we are unwell, our body doesn’t detoxify as effectively.
- Protects the liver, kidneys and spleen.
- Rich in minerals, amino acids and ganodermic acids – support detoxification pathways in the liver to neutralize toxins.
- Kidney tonic
- Liver tonic
- Liver cancer protection
- Enhances kidney and liver function – used in cirrhosis treatments.
- Mild, safe and effective diuretic – it improves the flow of water through the body.
- Can function as either an acid or a base to normalize and balance sodium and potassium levels.
- Powerful anti-cancer agents (including liver, gastric and colorectal cancers). It contains the broadest spectrum of anti-cancer properties of any mushroom species tested.
- Immune boosting and regulating, even more so than reishi and shiitake, which are both extensively revered for their researched immunomodulation.
American Schizandra Powder
The “five flavor berry” that contains all the major flavors of TCM: sweet, sour, bitter, spicy and salty.
No other herb or food is known to contain all five together!
Chinese folklore says schizandra can calm the heart and quiet the spirit. Schizandra has been used in China since the Han Dynasty (AD 25-220). It has spread to places like Tibet and Russia and now benefits people all over the world:
- Used to treat liver disorders
- Relieves fatigue, depression and stress
- Increases resistance to infection
- Improves complexion and skin health
- Enhances elimination of toxins
- Benefits gastrointestinal health
Simply add it to smoothies, teas and elixirs (start with a little and add more to taste!).
Gynostemma is native to the mountains of southern China and northern Thailand, where it is known as the Immortality Herb and Magical Grass!
Because TCM evolved in central China, gynostemma was relatively unknown in this practice. In the west, we have only known about gynostemma for about 20 years.
Gynostemma is a broad-spectrum adaptogen. Adaptogens help the body “adapt” and find homeostasis (ie. balance) during times of physiological and mental stress. Gynostemma is excellent at calming the nerves, strengthening the mind and helping you overcome fatigue.
Gynostemma has several characteristics that make it an excellent choice for daily detox:
- Contains cleansing saponins, which “wash” the body from the inside out
- Improves digestion
- May inhibit a wide range of cancer cell tumor growth and protect cellular immunity
- Contains many vitamins and minerals beneficial to the human body: selenium, magnesium, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and more.
Brew into a nourishing tea.
Beet Root Powder
Beet Root Powder makes getting the benefits of beets daily easy! Beets are excellent detoxifiers because they provide:
- Betaine, a very important liver nutrient. It lowers the chances of coronary heart disease, stroke and peripheral vascular diseases by reducing the amount of circulating homocysteine.
- Betaine may protect against the accumulation of liver fat deposits caused by alcohol abuse, diabetes or protein deficiency.
Add to smoothies, soups, stews and sauces!
Goji Berry Powder (Wolf Berries)
- Also supports the liver as an excellent source of betaine.
- More fun facts about betaine… It is used by the liver to produce choline, a compound that calms nervousness, enhances memory, promotes muscle growth and protects against fatty liver disease by methylating fatty liver compounds and xenoestrogens.
Add to smoothies, elixirs, sauces and porridge!
Beeterade! The Fast & Easy Daily Detox Drink
(No Juicing Involved!)
Rich in beneficial antioxidants, Betaine, loaded with nutrients and wonderful for the liver, gall bladder, kidneys and blood. Drink all at once or throughout the day.
Daily Detox is Easy. Period. That’s Why We Love It.
By adding a few proven superfoods to your nutrition and intuitively choosing nourishing foods, you can detox without deprivation!